Chinese poker “Pineapple” rules
Chinese poker “Pineapple” is played by two to three players. The game is played partially openly. The opponents can see each others’ combinations, but with every lead the players throw down one card closely.
The main rule is that the strength of combinations in the boxes shall diminish from back box to front, e.g., the strongest hand must be in back box, in middle – average in strength, and the weakest – in front.
Dealing rounds in Chinese poker “Pineapple”
At the beginning of the hand players in turn get 5 card openly and lay them down into their boxes. Then they do 4 more leads and get 3 cards with every lead closely: 2 of them are laid down openly into their boxes, and 1 is thrown down without showing it to their opponent(s).
Example of hand in Chinese poker “Pineapple”
|Turn||Player1 recieved cards||Player1 hand||Player2 hand||Player2 recieved cards|
Points structure and royalties
- Within coupled comparison of combinations in the boxes, there is 1 point for a winning combination, minus 1 point for losing combination, minus 6 points for scoop.
- Royalty – extra bonuses for made up combinations. Royalty is also charged in couples: added to you and deducted from your opponent. (correspondingly while playing for three or four, they are multiplied by the number of the opponents x2 and x3).
- in back box: Straight – 2, Flash – 4, Full House – 6, Quads (four of a kind) – 10, Straight-flash – 15, Royal-flash – 25;
- in middle box: the same as at back box multiplied by two, also bonus for a Set – two points;
- in front box: pairs: 66 – 1, 77 – 2, 88 – 3, … АА – 9; sets: 222 – 10, 333 – 11, 444 – 12, … ААА – 22.
The result in points is in the example above:
|Total||Royalty||Player1 hand||Hand comparison||Player2 hand||Royalty||Total|
||-1 / +1
-1 / +1
+1 / -1
Fantasyland and its repetition
The player (or players) who made up QQ or higher at front box (his/her hand not being mis-set), goes to fantasyland mode in the next hand: gets 14 cards at once in the next hand and lays them down closely: 13 are laid down in their boxes, and one is thrown down. The rest of the players play this hand in regular mode.
In laying down fantasyland, the player can get it again in the next hand if they lay down:
- or Set in front box;
- or quads or higher in back box;
On default, the game is lead with a single repetition of fantasyland, e.g., a player may get fantasy no more than twice in a row.
Chinese poker “Pineapple” online gameplay video.
[Video not found]